An internship at Indiana University Press is an excellent opportunity for students to learn about and experience the many facets of scholarly publishing. Semester- and year-long internships are available, based on availability.
Internships are awarded on a competitive basis. Applicants are advised to contact us as soon as possible to express interest in applying for an internship.
Thing to consider when applying:
- Our interns typically devote approximately 10-15 hours of their time per week throughout the semester.
- Once selected, the successful internship candidate must enroll for at least one internship-class credit within their respective departments
- Ensure your school or department understands you wish to enroll for the internship credit hours. Your advisor can guide you through the steps to so that you receive proper course credit upon completion of the internship.
We accept applications at any time, but for best consideration, you should apply by:
- October 1 for Spring Internships
- March 1 for Summer Internships
- April 1 for Fall Internships
Students who receive an internship are encouraged to explore the Pre-Professional Experience Internship Grant Program at the Hutton Honors College.