An internship at Indiana University Press is an excellent opportunity for current IU students to learn about and experience the many facets of scholarly publishing. Semester and year-long internships are available, based on availability.
Internships are awarded on a competitive basis and are available only to graduate and undergraduate students currently enrolled at Indiana University. Applicants are advised to apply as soon as possible to express interest. Application details can be found in each internship posting.
Please consider when applying:
- These internships are unpaid and only available if you are able to receive course credit. We recommend consulting your academic advisor for that process.
- Once selected, the successful internship candidate must enroll for at least one internship class credit within their respective departments.
- Ensure your school or department understands you wish to enroll for the internship credit hours. Your advisor can guide you through the steps so that you receive proper course credit upon completion of the internship.
We accept applications at any time, but for best consideration, you should apply by:
- October 1 for Spring Internships
- March 1 for Summer Internships
- April 1 for Fall Internships
Students who receive an internship are encouraged to explore the Pre-Professional Experience Internship Grant Program at the Hutton Honors College.