Wildcat Wisdom and Inspiration
Published by: Red Lightning Books
Wildcat Wisdom for the Big Blue Nation!
For more than a century, the University of Kentucky Wildcats men's basketball team has built a winning tradition that feeds the Big Blue Nation. The history of the winningest program in college basketball is peppered with unforgettable moments and personalities.
In Kentucky Passion, Del Duduit and John Huang help fans reexperience some of the most memorable seasons and shots and meet key players and coaches. Readers will learn how they too can rise to challenges and find success through the inspiring stories from Wildcat history. Weekly stories showcasing legendary coaches including Adolph Rupp, Joe B. Hall, Rick Pitino, Tubby Smith, and John Calipari, standout players including John Wall, Kyle Macy, DeAndre Liggins, Goose Givens, and Aaron Harrison, and indelible highs and lows (yes, the BBN still hates Laettner) illustrate the value of persistence, hard work, resiliency, teamwork, and more.
Kentucky Passion is for every citizen of the Big Blue Nation and for every sports fan who relishes well-deserved victories, moans at surprise defeats, or wants to learn more about one of the most storied teams in college sports.
Part One: Big Blue Madness
1. Week 1: The Mardi Gras Miracle
2. Week 2: Following a Legend
3. Week 3: Redefining Your Brand
4. Week 4: The Night the Goose was Golden
5. Week 5: Rise of the "Jorts"
6. Week 6: The "Sky's" the Limit
7. Week 7: "Unforgettable" Moments
8. Week 8: The Greatest Story Ever Told
9. Week 9: Be Like Kyle
10. Week 10: This Is My Stage
11. Week 11: Charity Begins with Cal
12. Week 12: Redemption
13. Week 13: We're Not in Kansas Anymore
Part Two: Early Season Launch
14. Week 14: The Prince Who Would Be King
15. Week 15: Nothing But a "Blur"
16. Week 16: The Last Call
17. Week 17: Dream Game Turned Nightmare
18. Week 18: You Can't Go Home Again
19. Week 19: The Little Brother That Couldn't
20. Week 20: What Happens in Vegas
21. Week 21: There's No Place Like Home
22. Week 22: There Was No Place Like Memorial Coliseum
23. Week 23: The University of Jodie Meeks
24. Week 24: Rock Bottom
25. Week 25: Mercy!
26. Week 26: Mercy Me!
Part Three: Conference Grind
27. Week 27: Cool Cats
28. Week 28: The Red Menace
29. Week 29: Woooooooo, Pig! Sooie!
30. Week 30: All He Does Is Win
31. Week 31: Number One and Holding
32. Week 32: Pioneer Days
33. Week 33: The End of the Beginning
34. Week 34: Mr. Wildcat
35. Week 35: It's Business
36. Week 36: The Real Fabulous Five
37. Week 37: Before "Bo Knows"
38. Week 38: The "Untouchables"
39. Week 39: The Best Things in Life Are Threes
Part Four: Postseason Sprint
40. Week 40: Look Mom, We Made It!
41. Week 41: The Fox and the Bruin
42. Week 42: Twin Towers
43. Week 43: Blocked
44. Week 44: Five-Star Surprises
45. Week 45: Nothing Sucks like a Big Orange
46. Week 46: It's All About the Wins
47. Week 47: Oh So Close!
48. Week 48: Missed It by That Much
49. Week 49: The Most Famous ACL
50. Week 50: First in Line
51. Week 51: The Grudge
52. Week 52: It's Gotta be the Fans
Well-researched and beautifully written, this is more than a must-read book for die-hard fans of Kentucky Basketball; it serves as a fabulous witness to overcoming life's many challenges. Kentucky Passion is a wonderful testimony to the power of a grateful Big Blue Nation.~Oscar Combs, The Cats' Pause founder and member of Kentucky Journalism Hall of Fame
Kentucky Passion is a Kentucky basketball time machine of the epic moments, victories, and defeats we all experienced together. John experienced many of these defining moments in real time as a diehard fan and brings them to life with his historical research and first-hand accounts. Kentucky Passion reminds me of why I grew up dreaming of one day being a Kentucky Wildcat.~Roger Harden, University of Kentucky men's basketball team, 1982 – 1986.
Kentucky Passion makes it fun to apply great moments in UK Basketball history to our everyday lives, and how we can use these moments to help us all grow. This is a wonderful way to learn and share ideas with your friends and family.~Alan Cutler, legendary sports anchor and reporter
I've read a lot of books about sports over the years and am thrilled to recommendKentucky Passion: Wildcat Wisdom and Inspiration to anyone who loves Kentucky, all sports fans, or anyone prepared for a book that will challenge you in a practical way. What makes Del Duduit and Dr. John Huang's work so unique is it really brings sports back home and centers them in a place that has relevance to who we are and want to be. In our overly active lives it's easy to lose sight of what really matters and this book is all about that.~Justin Rowland, publisher of Cats Illustrated