Heart of a Hoosier
A Year of Inspiration from IU Men's Basketball
Published by: Indiana University Press
Five NCAA Championships, 22 Big Ten Conference Championships—this is the candy-striped legacy of the Indiana University men's basketball team. In its 120-year history, Indiana basketball has become a giant in college basketball and earned a legion of fans.
In Heart of a Hoosier: A Year of Inspiration from IU Men's Basketball, authors Del Duduit and Michelle Medlock Adams show readers how the famous moments and personalities of the Indiana Hoosiers can inspire them to reach for success, overcome adversity, be a great team member, and more. Readers will be inspired by a year's worth of stories featuring fierce rivalries with Purdue and Kentucky and legendary players and coaches such as Steve Alford, Isiah Thomas, Calbert Cheaney, George McGinnis, Branch McCracken, and Bobby Knight.
Heart of a Hoosier will entertain and motivate every fan who bleeds Cream & Crimson. Relive the triumphs, groan at the losses, and revel in great traditions!
1. Week 1: What's Your Motivation?
2. Week 2: Give Honor Where Honor Is Due
3. Week 3: Candy-Striped Legacy
4. Week 4: The Simple Thing in Life
5. Week 5: Bleeding Cream & Crimson
6. Week 6: Hail to Old IU!
7. Week 7: Foul Out Your Foes
8. Week 8: Pursue Greatness
9. Week 9: Just in Time
10. Week 10: Live Like a Winner
11. Week 11: Don't Let Up
12. Week 12: Are You Determined to Be Better?
13. Week 13: Stay Focused
14. Week 14: It's the Heart That Matters
15. Week 15: The Sweet 16
16. Week 16: Silence the Critics
17. Week 17: Mama Knows Best
18. Week 18: Your One Shining Moment
19. Week 19: Find a Silver Lining
20. Week 20: When a Game Is More Than a Game
21. Week 21: Taking Down a Giant
22. Week 22: Teamwork Always Wins
23. Week 23: A Light at the End of the Tunnel
24. Week 24: Get the Monkey off Your Back
25. Week 25: Healthy Rivalries
26. Week 26: Follow Your Heart
27. Week 27: Mountaintops & Valleys
28. Week 28: Be the First
29. Week 29: Get the Shot You Need
30. Week 30: Grace under Pressure
31. Week 31: Continue through the Struggles
32. Week 32: Go the Extra Mile
33. Week 33: The Sixth Man
34. Week 34: Stepping into Greatness
35. Week 35: Break the Barrier
36. Week 36: Be a True Friend
37. Week 37: Live Up to Your Potential
38. Week 38: Be Ready to Take the Shot
39. Week 39: Always Show Respect
40. Week 40: The Block Heard Round the World
41. Week 41: Come Through When It Counts
42. Week 42: Helping Others Succeed
43. Week 43: Associate with Like-Minded People
44. Week 44: You're Better Than You Think
45. Week 45: What Does Your Nickname Say About You?
46. Week 46: Own Up to Your Acts
47. Week 47: Be A True Leader
48. Week 48: Critics—Yep, Everybody's Got 'Em
49. Week 49: Strive for Excellence and Live with Integrity
50. Week 50: Built Up, Not Beat Down
51. Week 51: Not Fired, Fired Up!
52. Week 52: Hold On to Your Chair