Unknown, Untold, and Unbelievable Stories of IU Sports
Published by: Indiana University Press
For over 125 years, Hoosier athletes and coaches have grabbed headlines with their accomplishments and accolades. Legendary performers and larger-than-life figures have called Bloomington home, and their stories have been passed down through generations. But for every classic tale about a Hoosier athlete, coach, or program, there's another that's been forgotten. Until now.
After gaining unprecedented access to IU archives and longtime employees, authors John Decker, Pete DiPrimio, and Doug Wilson reveal events and images that were lost for decades. Filled with new and entertaining stories of the people who have made IU Athletics legendary, Unknown, Untold, and Unbelievable Stories of IU Sports is a must-have for any fan.
Discover behind-the-scenes stories of
1. Men (Temporarily) in Black
2. Block? What Block?
3. Hep Creates Tradition that Rocks
4. What's the Deal with IU Football? Mark Knows
5. Hoosier History Com-Pyled
6. Too Many to Name on Wall of Fame
7. National Icons, IU Afterthoughts
8. Don't Look Down on Assembly Hall
9. Clear as a Bell How IU Secures NCAA Track Meet
10. What's the Racquet?
11. Gold Standard: Knight Assembles Team to Remember in '84
Unknown, Untold, and Unbelievable Stories of IU Sports is packed with enough rare information that, after reading it, anyone—from the casual fan to the dyed-in-the-wool fanatic—can be a Hoosier sports expert on trivia night.~Bloom Magazine